The next 3 weeks will be a short mini-cycle before we enter a new phase of programming on August 7th. More on this in next month’s newsletter. The next 3 weeks will follow the following structure:
Monday – Front Squat
Tuesday – Gymnastics
Wednesday – Power Snatch
Thursday – Power Clean & Push Jerk
Friday – Rotating Lift (Back Squat/Overhead Squat/Lunge)
Saturday – Just the WOD
Sunday – Split Jerk
***Please email me if you are interested. We need 30 participants to proceed.***
Nutrition is the foundation for your health and fitness. Many people have asked about nutrition offerings and I’m excited to announce an opportunity to partner with Adaptive Nutrition to provide nutrition guidance.
Adaptive Nutrition was developed by the owners at CrossFit 214 in Dallas to fuel their athletes. Adaptive Nutrition uses a 6-week program to help participants decrease body weight while building strength and performance. They have a propriety web-app which provides your daily macronutrient requirements based on your expected activity for that day.
They have a ton of success stories on their website and instagram accounts but most importantly Alison Fralick and Jeff Fralick are in the second to last week and they have seen great results they can share!
Adaptive Nutrition usually works with individuals but Vintage has the opportunity to be the first CrossFit Affiliate they take on as a group. The program starts with a 3-hour nutrition seminar at our gym and we are working on a date in late August/early September to kick things off.
Participation costs $75/person (a huge discount compared to the $300+ individual program).
6-Week Adaptive Nutrition Challenge:
– Things start with a 2.5-3hr nutrition lecture covering the structure of the challenge and giving athletes the tools needed to get rolling
– Adaptive Nutrition will have weekly contact via email with your members leading them through the process of habit building and highlighting progress
– Your members will have unlimited email access to our coaching staff to address individual needs and situations
– Our meal planning app will customize each members meal plan to their individual biometrics and energy needs accommodating for training duration and timing
– The app also gives us a feedback tool to determine who’s seeing progress and who needs more contact
– Typical results for an athlete looking to lean out are a loss of 5-8% of body weight while preserving lean muscle mass, strength, and improving metcon performance
Front Squat 5-5-5-5-5
You can estimate your 1RM Front Squat as 80% of your 1RM Back Squat. Sets of 5 can be completed at anywhere in the 60-85% range.
For time (10 Cap)
45 Shoulder to Overhead, 95/65
35 Burpee Box Jump Overs, 24/20″
25/20 Cal Bike
Beginner: 55/35; 25 burpee box step overs, 20/16″; 15/12 Cal
Intermediate: 75/55; Rx, Rx
In 8 minutes
30 Wall Balls
15 Wall Balls
Max distance walking lunge in remaining time (score is distance lunged)
Rest 2 minutes
4 minute AMRAP with partner
Partner 1 – 20 Mountain Climbers
Partner 2 – Plank on Forearms
Alternate every 20 mountain climbers. Partner must be in plank for mountain climber reps to count.